|From Hwy 183, photographer facing west|
|Main entrance, photographer facing SW|
The church evolved into a campground with 14 cabins, and a log church, named Campground Methodist Church. In 1883, land was donated to the church by the Purdy and Bennett families, which was renamed McKee' Chapel to honor Joseph McKee who donated money (either $50 or $100, depending on the source) to construct a wooden frame church.
In 1909/10 the building was moved from its original location to where it is now, closer to the road. In 1948, the wooden building was replaced by the brick structure shown in these photos.
|From Hwy 183, photographer facing south|
This structure was replaced in 1990, according to tax assessor's records. The new church building, with approximately 2,500 square feet is over twice as large as the old building. It is located across the highway.
Though no longer used as the main house of worship, it is apparently maintained by the congregation.
Adjacent to the old church is the cemetery, both silent reminders of a bygone era.